CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY (PIA)–About 20,089 out of more than 33,000 indigent families here were initially identified as beneficiaries of the second wave of the government’s Social Amelioration Program (SAP) cash aid scheduled at the end of July.
“The beneficiaries will be those who filled up the COVID-19 Intake Card (CIC) forms after they were unable to receive the SAP cash aid during the first wave of distribution. The list will still be validated prior to the scheduled distribution,” Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Information Officer Charmaine Tadlas said, July 18.
Tadlas said they submitted the list of beneficiary families who filled out the CIC form numbering more than 33,000 to the DSWD Regional Office for validation and they resent the list back to their office, reducing the number to 20,089.
“Of course this will still be re-validated with the barangay officials to avoid duplication. Those who were cut out of the submitted list had either received the first wave of SAP cash aid or had received cash aid from other sources like the 4Ps (Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program) or the COVID-19 Adjustments Measure Program (CAMP),” Tadlas said.
Unlike the first SAP cash aid payout that was distributed at barangay halls, Edgar Requilme of DSWD-10 said the P6,000 SAP cash aid will be remitted to the family beneficiaries through authorized money remittance/payment centers like M. Lhullier, Cebuana Lhullier and USCC-Western Union.
´The confirmed beneficiaries will be notified through text on the schedule of SAP cash aid payout and where they will collect their cash aid. Another meeting will be held to finalize the payout schedule which we hope will be held in the last week of July,´ Requilme said.
Tadlas said beneficiaries in far-flung mountain barangays will receive their SAP cash aid at the barangay halls also in the last week of July.
“For now we identified 38 families each in Barangays Tagpangi and Pagalungan as SAP cash aid beneficiaries,” she said.