Misamis Occidental (PIA)–Misamis Occidental has reported eight new confirmed cases of COVID-19, June 21, bringing the total number of cases to 15.
Governor Philip Tan announced that of the 20 swab samples sent to DOH, Thursday 8 yielded positive results.
The eight confirmed COVID-19 cases here include seven LSIs from Cebu including a 9-month-old baby and one local resident.
Misamis Occidental Governor Philip Tan said, “So far there was no report that the baby was having trouble breathing.”
The governor asked for prayers for the front liners to prevent local transmission of COVID-19. He also said the local government is currently monitoring if such cases are considered local transmission as well as he urged the local chief executives to take precautionary measures.
“If you love your family, wear a face mask, maintain social distancing, wash hands, practice personal hygiene, stay at home and as much as possible avoid crowded places,” Tan said.
The patients are now staying at the provincial quarantine facility while the baby was brought to the Provincial Hospital. (SMRN/PIA Misamis Occidental)